- Congolese in SA rejoicing at prospect of return to DRC after 'landmark' election News24
- Why Africa’s ageing leaders are keeping a close watch on DRC power struggle The Guardian
- UN urges DR Congo to refrain from violence after election result Aljazeera.com
- SA calls for international community to continue peace, stability support in DRC EWN
- UN urges DR Congo to refrain from violence after election result | Al Jazeera English Al Jazeera English
- View full coverage on Google News
Members of the Congolese diaspora living in the Western Cape are rejoicing at the prospect of a change of government in their native land, a spokesperson has said.
The long-awaited and controversial election in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could set the tone for the rest of the continent, with fears that democracy may be the loser
MONUSCO chief Leila Zerrougui appeals to people and security forces of DRC to exercise calm and restraint.
SA called on the international community and particularly the 15-nation UN Security Council to support this with a balanced and measured approach.
The United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, has called for calm in the Democratic Republic of the Congo following the announcement of the provisi...